Pet peeves are those annoying things that you see or hear over and over again. Although they might be insignificant considering the state of world affairs in 2021, they drive me crazy anyway. Let me know if you see any of your pet peeves in this listicle. Maybe you have some of your own you’d like to add in the comments.
- Photos on Medium that take up an entire page. When the article is stuffed with them to keep you on the page longer, I immediately bounce off those pages.
- The word “plethora.” People think they’ve expanded their vocabulary by using it. It has become a cliche, now.
- The words “yummy or yum.” That’s something I’d expect a four-year-old to say, not an adult.
- Euphemisms. Also known as politically correct or PC. I get it. We have to show some class, but let's stop being ridiculous.
- Name droppers. My sister-in-law’s kids went to the private school where Tom Hank’s kids went. When she’s talking to people, she frequently weasels that fact into the conversation. It’s so transparent and makes her look silly.
- People who think you should wait on them because they’re too lazy to get off their asses and get that glass of water or cup of coffee for themselves. This is probably my biggest pet peeve. I know two people like that, and unfortunately, they’re both members of the family.
- The lying fake media. They’re all lying fakers in a contest to see who can win the award for starting WWIII.
- People with a penis who want to use the ladies public restrooms and locker rooms. My heart goes out to those who are truly transgender, but the world has gotten too weird for me.
- The word “cool.” I have never used that word. It annoys me.
You must have some pet peeves, also. Let me know what yours are in the comments.